Carlos A. Migoya Jr.
Hiring a fearless and confident criminal defense attorney who has handled thousands of criminal and traffic cases creates an advantage for clients who have been charged with or are being investigated for a crime. Carlos Migoya has tried a large variety of Traffic, Misdemeanor and Felony cases, including Burglary, Felony Assault, Sex Assault, Child Sex Assault, Domestic Violence, Robbery, Menacing, Harassment, Violation of Restraining Orders, Driving Under Restraint, Habitual Traffic Offender, Careless Resulting in Death, and DUI's. The quality of work and experience that is brought to the table by a criminal defense attorney who has previously served as a Government State Defender can only be measured by the peace of mind that comes with knowing you have a fearless fighter in your corner.
With a keen understanding of criminal law, as well as superb negotiating and trial skills, Mr. Migoya has assisted thousands of Colorado criminal defense clients in successfully resolving their criminal problems with law enforcement and many different District Attorneys all across Colorado and the Denver Front Range.
In addition to the focused training that he received as a criminal defense lawyer while working for the government and also in private practice, Mr. Migoya has also developed an extensive network of relationships in the Colorado Criminal Justice System. This network is a great asset for any client who needs a strong, confident, and tenacious criminal defense lawyer.
As a result of his experience and expertise in the field of criminal defense, Mr. Migoya has been chosen a Colorado Super Lawyer Rising Star from 2011-2014.
Carlos Migoya is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, where he has held the leadership role of chairman of the Young Lawyers Division, and served on the Executive Board. Additionally, Mr. Migoya is a member of Denver Bar Association.
Mr. Migoya also serves as a board member of WeeCycle. WeeCycle's mission is to help low income families with infants and toddlers in the Denver metro area by providing them with new and gently used baby gear free of charge.
Whether you are facing criminal charges, are being investigated by the police, need representation for a probation violation, or just want your records sealed, call Shazam Kianpour & Associates when you need a fearless fighter in your corner.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Wildlife Violations
- Domestic and Family Related Cases
- Misdemeanor and Felony
- Felony Assault
- Sex Assault
- Child Sex Assault
- Domestic Violence
- Violation of Restraining Orders
- Driving Under Restraint
- Habitual Traffic Offender
- Careless Resulting in Death
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Colorado, 2004
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2008
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 2004
- Honors: President - Latino Law Student Association
- Honors: Winning Moot Court Participant
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award – Lawyering in Spanish
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- B.A. - 2000
- Honors: Senator - Florida State Student Government
- Honors: Member - Florida State Rugby
- Honors: Knight - Sigma Nu Fraternity
- Major: History
- Individuals, Families and Small Businesses throughout Colorado
Honors and Awards
- Colorado Super Lawyer, Rising Star, 2011 - 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association (CBA), Young Lawyers Division, Executive Counsel
- Colorado Bar Association (CBA), Young Lawyers Division, Chair-Elect, 2011
- CBA Leadership Training Program (COBALT), 2011
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Young Lawyers Division, Chairman
Past Employment Positions
- Migoya Law Firm, LLC, Denver, CO, 2006 - 2011
- Coffee Burlington, Miami, FL, 2005 - 2006
- Colorado Pubic Defender's Office, 2001 - 2005
Pro Bono Activities
- Community Law Nights in Denver
- Project Safeguard Volunteer
- Sigma Nu